W00T, as defined by UrbanDictionary.com, means “expression of joy generally used by computer gamers and hackers.”
(I’m not a gamer, but I am the wife of a reluctantly recovering gamer, so I’m invoking my inherited right to use the word “w00t” freely.)
So, with that said, I’ll get to the point – today is a w00t-worthy day! W00T! W00T!
- The sun is paralyzingly bright today. I’m feeling quite solar-powered and might shine all night considering the number of rays I banked up just walking across the street earlier.
- I got to see my long-lost friend Corey and her daughter Mary Ava last night. When Sarah was a toddler, Corey and Mary Ava came over at least once or twice a week. I would cook and we would watch “American Idol” or “So You Think You Can Dance” or some similar show. They have not been to our house since Aubrey has become more of a kid than a baby, and it was fun seeing the girls play together and watch their individual personalities come out.
- My work day began in a circle of strong, positive, faith-filled women who prayed together and went for a quick walk around the Community Health Center on Oliver Road. What a blessed start to my w00t-worthy day! We’re participating in Walk the Talk, an annual St. Francis initiative to promote health and spirituality. The idea is that we talk to our patients about health and wellness and we work for a faith-based facility, but do we truly walk the talk? Each year, we track our steps beginning Ash Wednesday and ending on Easter Sunday, and we log the steps on an intranet site designed for the program. Last year, we “walked” to Assisi (and made it almost back!). This year, we are walking to Jerusalem. Two thousand steps equals one mile. That’s a lot of walking, but we are ready for the challenge. Every Wednesday and Friday, we meet for prayer and a quick walk around CHC or Anna Gray Noe Park or maybe just around the first floor of the hospital. It’s an encouraging, faith-inspiring event of which I am proud to be one of the organizers and – most importantly – an active participant.
- Fuze Healthy Infuzions Slenderize Tropical Punch, where have you been all my life? Your 5 calories, 0g sugar and 1g carbs make my departure from a Coca Cola-filled life much easier.
- Sarah and Aubrey had on their pillowcase dresses and matching boots this morning. Adorability overload!
- Yesterday, I ran into someone I have not seen since high school graduation, which was…well…it’s not necessary to define exactly how long ago. Let’s just say it’s been a while. She recognized my hair from seeing my Facebook pictures. How wonderfully random! I like my hair to have an interesting stripedness to it. Maybe it’s not the current style, but I like it, and it’s my one little thing that lets me be more “me” in an otherwise ultra-conservative work environment. If I have to wear conventional clothes and blend in five days a week, I can at least stand out in some little way. It has been so long since I’ve had my hair anything close to natural that I had forgotten how dull it was until I tried to go closer to the original color last year. BORING. It didn’t take long to go back to what I know and love. A special w00ty shout-out to Penny Evans over at Roots. You create recognizably awesome hair, my dear, and I will be by to see you soon!
- Misty Ishee is cracking me up. She has popped on Google Chat a couple of times, and I keep trying to send her a message, but she’s gone as quickly as she appeared. It’s like playing Whack-A-Mole, and I can’t seem to whack her on the head before she’s gone again!
- Speaking of Whack-A-Mole, Monroe is getting a Chuck E. Cheese. The w00t-worthy part of that is that Sarah doesn’t know yet.
- Great, customer-centric experience picking up the car last night at Ryan Auto Group on Oliver Road. Check out yesterday’s blog for more details.
- I get to see my Mama and Daddy tomorrow. W00t to the nth degree!
- And only because I like to end with 11 things whenever possible, I’ll add that I love selling Scentsy and would love to help you host a party and earn some free products and half-price items. Better yet, why don’t you sign up to sell so you can get as much joy from it as I do?! Message me, comment here or call me if you have the number, and we can talk.
Get out there and find your w00t, kiddies. Happy Friday!