This has been an odd, highly quotable couple of weeks. My life is truly random and blessed by friends and family of all shapes and mentalities. Here is a random assortment of quotes and facts from my recent experiences.
1. “Oh crud! I think I broke my Wonky.” How often does that sentence come up in normal conversation?
2. “My hair smells beautiful.” I love the way Sarah phrases things and looks at life!
3. My braces are off, and my teeth are so perfect. I feel like I jacked some hot chick’s smile.
4. Happy birthday, Rachel!
5. In referring to her job, the middle-aged, deeply Southern-accented lady next to me in the Ryan Chevrolet shuttle van said, “I love laying pipe.” The driver looked in the rearview mirror with an “I bet you do, lady” look.
6. My teeth are now whiter than they were before I got braces. You would think there would be some unevenness where the brackets were, but no. (I will probably refer to my braces several times in the course of this blog. It’s kind of a big deal.)
7. “OWIE!” Aubrey has listened to Sarah complain while her hair is being brushed so many times that when it was her turn the other day, she stepped up to me, turned around to get her hair brushed, and said, “OWIE” before I had even touched her.
8. There is an awesome WordPress blog about stupid things a boss puts on Post-It Notes. It’s hilarious. Like a boss.
9. Sarah asked me to take pictures of her last night. I was trying to encourage her beyond her normal one or two silly faces in repertoire, so I asked her to show me her best I-love-Justin-Bieber face. She proceeded to make a bizarre/stalkerific face and do a fan-type thing with her hands. Okay…
10. Did I mention I got my braces off?!
11. It’s Wee Ball season, which means I get a new team shirt. What should I put on the back? Last year, it said, “Sarah’s Mom.” I’m thinking this year, I want it to say, “Sarah’s Mom, smile courtesy of Caples & Robinson” or maybe something like “Just look for the kid who looks just like me.”
12. Is it weird that I don’t like to refer to the name of my computer (Dell) because that’s Sarah’s “donor’s” name? Instead of Dell, I usually call it Baby Daddy Enterprises. So rude, I know.
13. I love “iCarly” and “Big Time Rush.” There. I said it. I have admitted my shameful addiction.
14. “American Idol” is awful. I love the new judges and the way they’ve handled the show to this point, but the professionals who are working with the contestants are over-producing them and making them forget who they are and what their real voices sound like. These kids were pretty good before. Now, they’re a hot mess. The only thing that changed was the producers’ intervention. Back off, and let natural talent come out.
15. I am blessed. I am loved. And for both those things, I am thankful. We’ll talk more about this later. Stay tuned. :o)