Randomness is absolutely required today. It’s a necessity. As mentioned in a blog a while back, that means it is “randomnessity.”
When my brain pings, so does my blog. Buckle up. Here we go.
Tonigh is the finale of “The Voice.” I’ll be sad to see this show go. I like the premise of choosing your team based solely on their voices. You could tell there were a few times that the judges spun their chairs around to find someone who was not quite what they had hoped for or had in mind.
Those not-what-I-had-in-mind contestants turned out to be some of the greatest, most talented performers, though. Thus, the whole idea behind “The Voice,” I suppose. I have to wonder if the judges had been judged solely on their voices and not on their looks at the beginning of their careers, how many of them would have the careers they have today. It’ll be interesting to see who America chooses as the winner when there are four such different contestants from which to choose. I’m pulling for Beverly simply because I think she is talented and interesting, and her duet with Christina last night was perfection. However, I will be happy no matter whose name is called because I think they are all talented and have much to offer.
SIDE NOTE: Am I the only person who thinks Blake picked Xenia over Curtis and Jared because he was trying to put Dia through to the finale and he knew the guys might outshine her? There is NO CHANCE he thought Xenia deserved to be there. Maybe it’s just me…
Sarah and I play a game where I say, “Guess what?” She replies by asking, “What?” Then we race to see who can say, “I love you” first. It’s silly, yes. We know. But it makes us both smile. Evidently, Aubrey has been watching closely and taking notes because now if I say, “Hey, Aubrey. Guess what?,” she immediately says, “I luh loo, Mommy!”
Yes, we ask her no less than five or six times each night. It’s adorable, and I’m going to have her say it as many times as I can. My baby luhs me!
I have had so much fun taking pictures of the girls in their swimming pool over the last couple of weeks. I think I missed my calling in life. No, I don’t think I should’ve been a photographer. I think I should’ve been wealthy and not required to work. Then, the things that make me smile could be each day’s focus.
While we’re on the subject, here are a few things that are currently making me smile. It’s not a comprehensive list. Just a few tidbits.
1. Mexican Hamburger, #62 on the menu, El Sombrero. Dip into queso and enjoy. TREAT.
2. Today is Randall’s last day at work until some time in August. W00t!
3. My new fountain in my office is so rockin’ awesome. I adore it. Thank you, Rachel Bell, for directing me to the 80% off clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby.
4. By the way, Hobby Lobby was, is and always will be on my “happy place” list.
5. Friday is the kick off to Scentsy’s next Bring Back My Bar campaign. Red Delicious and Oxford will be in my house in mass quantities!
6. “So You Think You Can Dance” comes on tonight. *happy feet*
7. We now have NetFlix through our Wii in the bedroom. L-L-L-L-LOVE IT. If you don’t have it, change that immediately.
8. I’ve been blessed with the chance to do some contract work for a company in Arkansas. Thank you, Lord, for the chance to do something I love while making money to pay off some bills.
9. We’re grilling tonight. The chicken has been marinating since Monday. Yep. You know it. Awesomeness inbound. Oh yeah.
10. I have been asked to be part of a project at work that excites me. I’m so thankful for some of the opportunities I get through my chosen field. I can say that I have a small part in things that help people, and that makes me feel good about what I do.
11. July 13 is quickly approaching. It’s the first anniversary of Mixon Day! Yes, Miss Sarah Mixon has her own day. Randall’s adoption of Sarah was finalized on July 13, and each year we will celebrate Mixon Day, both to acknowledge Randall’s official title as Sarah’s Daddy and to celebrate Sarah’s legal name change to Mixon. It’s not a day celebrated by the whole world, but maybe it should be.
So there are a few things that are making me happy right now. What is making you happy?
Geez. If I didn’t absolutely know better, I would think I’m pregnant. (I’m not.) But I would seriously be willing to do pretty much anything legal or otherwise for a chocolate chip cookie right now, which is not even in my top five favorite cookies.
My dad has a kidney stone, and Mom is having trouble with chronic headaches. Please say a prayer for them or meditate silently on their health or whatever it is you do. I want them to feel better as soon as possible.
I feel a “picturing” day coming on. Anyone want to join me?
Last weekend, we stopped in where Randall’s mom works, and I tried on some sky-high shoes to amuse Sarah. I forgot how great heels make your legs look and how great it feels to be artificially taller for a little while. I have wanted to lose weight for a while but can’t seem to get 100% motivated. Maybe the thought of being able to wear heels again will help.
I need a nap. A long one.
On that note, I will sign off. Clearly, I didn’t have anything Earth-shattering to share, but at least I kept it light and cheery for the most part and am not leaving you with “bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse.”
I love Cake. The band and the treat. Good times.
Signing off, friends and family. Until next time, keep bathing your pigs, eating doorknobs and tripping over fairies!
I don’t know. I think my randomnessity is on crack. Ignore me. I’m going to go find that nap. Later.